PRESSURE FLUCTUATIONS ON A FLAT PLATE WITH OBLIQUE JET
Impingement cooling Because the heat transfer rate is largest at the leading edge of the blade where the boundary layer thickness is least, special measures are sometimes called for to cool this... Jet impingement inside the model was on 6-inch long by 3-inch wide targets. The targets are at 10° relative The targets are at 10° relative to the upper flat-plate surface, i.e. parallel to the bottom of the model, illustrated in Figure 3.
Calculation of Turbulent Boundary Layer for a Slot Jet
The analysis also indicated that the boundary layer thickness on a small curbed pool could be greater than that predicted for an infinite pool. The resulting thicker fuel vapor diffusion layer tends to lead to lower vaporization rates than those expected from an infinite liquid pool under the same air impingement …... However, adding film cooling resulted in regions of boundary layer separation induced in the film cooling layer, the size of which regions first increased and then decreased with increased film cooling. Surprisingly, the size of the separated regions and the magnitude of the recompression heating were not strongly influenced by the thickness of the cooling film, nor by the point of shock
THE EFFECTS OF SURFACE ROUGHNESS ON IMPINGEMENT OF
As a result, the flow in a laminar boundary layer will reverse direction much earlier in the presence of an adverse pressure gradient than the flow in a turbulent boundary layer. To summarise, we now know that the inherent viscosity of a fluid leads to the presence of a boundary layer … how to find the standard deviation of a frequency distribution Submerged laminar jet impingement on a plane By M O H A N D. D E S H P A N D E Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C. 20064 A N D R A M E S H N. VAISHNAV Department of Civil Engineering, The Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C. 20064 (Received 3 June 1980 and in revised form 10 March 1981) Submerged laminar jet impingement on …
Surface by Impingement of a Gas Jet Removal Rates of
thickness of boundary layer and augment the convection. However achieving optimum heat transfer for a However achieving optimum heat transfer for a specific purpose particularly for pin fin array is still challenging because of large number of parameters involved how to find friends with similar interests on facebook investigated the jet impingement heat transfer on the inside of a vehicle windscreen and Babic et al.  used jet impingement for the cooling of a grinding process.
How long can it take?
Single-phase liquid jet impingement heat transfer (Journal
- Prediction of stagnation point heat transfer for a slot
- Experimental study of overexpanded supersonic jet
- Single-phase and two-phase heat transfer characteristics
- Jet Impingement of a Non-Newtonian Fluid Request PDF
How To Find Boundary Layer Thickness Jet Impingement
of the boundary layer and the beneficial effect of turbulence, impinging jets may achieve desired heat transfer rates with a flow an order of magnitude lower than conventional parallel-flow …
- Flow visualization was made for water to broaden our fundamental understanding of the physical process of the confined circular jet impingement. Transition (with laminar wall jet) and turbulent regimes are identified. A correlation of boundary layer thickness was developed in terms of relevant parameters.
- Jet impingement heat transfer has been studied exten! sively and continues to attract a good deal of attention due to its high heat transfer rates and its application in a variety of industries[ When a jet impinges on a surface\ very thin hydrodynamic and thermal boundary layers form in the impingement region owing to the jet decel! eration and the resulting increase in pressure[ Conse
- Abstract. An experimental study was carried out using hot-wire anemometry to investigate the turbulence characteristics of the three-dimensional boundary layer on a rotating disk with jet impingement …
- The analysis also indicated that the boundary layer thickness on a small curbed pool could be greater than that predicted for an infinite pool. The resulting thicker fuel vapor diffusion layer tends to lead to lower vaporization rates than those expected from an infinite liquid pool under the same air impingement …